A week or so ago I shared my new recipe for lime and coriander balls. You can find it here.
I decided to try something a little different today. Still sticking with the same basic formula but changing up the flavours a bit.
This time I used orange zest, a mixture of orange juice and rosewater, and a mixture of cashews and pistachios.
- are VEGAN
- can be GLUTEN-FREE (use GF oats)
- contain NO REFINED SUGAR
- are a PIECE OF CAKE to make!
ORANGE, PISTACHIO AND ROSEWATER BALLS
(makes 16 balls)
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup plus about 3 tablespoons pistachios
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes, and drain.
- Place pistachios in food processor and grind to a coarse powder. Take out about 3 tablespoons worth and set aside.
- Add dates, zest, juice, rosewater and oil, and process until they form a dough-like paste (mixture will clump into a big ball – this will take less than a minute)
- Divide the mixture into balls – the number of balls will depend on how big you like them. I usually make 16 because it’s easy to make them roughly the same size – I divide the mixture in half, then half again, then again, then again.
- Roll the balls in reserved ground pistachios and refrigerate until firm.